Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Cannon Spike Short Review

Ok, so sorry about skipping a post there, I totally thought I was going to be home early enough to still type it up but I came home really late and decided not to even turn on my computer for the entire day after that... for uhh... reasons, but hey now I'm back so let's get this back on track. Ok, so I got Cannon Spike and it is FREAKIN AWESOME, like I seriously want an arcade cabinet of this game now, like if I were to get rich the top 3 arcade cabinets (in no particular order) I would want would be a Cannon Spike arcade cabinet, a Darkstalkers arcade cabinet, and a Gauntlet arcade cabinet... Ahh... I can only dream... Anyway, as I was saying, this game is so freakin fun, there are 7 characters to choose from (two of which are "hidden") and those characters are, Arthur (from Ghosts 'n Goblins), Cammy (from Street Fighter), Charlie (from Street Fighter), Shiba Shintaro (from Three Wonders, he is my personal favorite character), Simone (a character made specifically for the game), and the two "hidden" characters (and I use hidden in quotation marks because the manual actually tells you how to pick them on the character selection screen), Baby Bonnie Hood (or Bulleta if your from Japan, from Darkstalkers), and Mega Man (obviously from the Mega Man series). And for an arcade style shoot em' up I personally think that's a pretty good amount of characters. The game is two players, and it's really fun to play with two people, but say if that second person REALLY sucks, then you'll have your 3 credits sucked away faster then you can even pass more then 2 levels, unless you're playing on "baby" difficulty (the easiest difficulty in the game), in which case then maybe you'll make it far, but in my opinion I hate to start a game on the easiest difficulty. Some of the characters have different styles (I say some because I think it's Cammy and Charlie who are pretty alike) so some people will like certain types of characters like Arthur who is a super heavy type, and some people will like characters like Megaman who are faster and more lightweight. Every character also has their own unique special move, and for some reason a move used by pressing the Y button that does like way to much damage then it should (in my opinion but whatever, it's not super cheap since whenever you use the Y button moves you are super open to attacks from every direction). For some reason the stages are like randomly sorted each time, and I have yet to actually beat the game since I usually play on Normal (sometimes on Easy when i want to see how much further I can get) and with like 8 difficulties to choose from, and normal being like the middle difficulty, or maybe it's because I'm not the greatest at the game, it's a little hard to get past like halfway. Anyway, I really like shoot em' up games and I really like Capcom, so this game is just a perfect fit for my tastes, so if you like shoot em' ups and Capcom games, then this is your cup of tea. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have recently discovered the awesomeness of Sgt. Frog and have three more unread volumes of it, and not to mention the fact that I bought the .hack//4Koma manga... so... yeah... I'm off to continue reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment