Thursday, June 17, 2010

My favorite E3 surprises

Hey, it's been a while, I am out of school and I have hand brace... err casts... no... uhhh... hand things to help my carpel tunel so I guess I can type but trust me it is uncomfortable. So since E3 is goin on this post will just be my favorite things about this year's E3. This list is in no particular order... and it might be kind of short because typing like this is really freakin difficult.

1. Like everything at the Nintendo conference
I was glad to not only see more info on the new Zelda game, but also those new Kirby and Donkey Kong Country games were a nice treat. Not to mention the new Kid Icarus game (finally). I am not really into that whole 3D craze so the 3DS was nothing special to me... but, I hate to say it... I'm checkin the list of 3DS games that will come out in the future... and I want the games... I wish those games would just play not in 3D for my regular DS but I'm not sure if they do, so I MIGHT get a 3DS for the Starfox game, Kid Icarus game, Naruto game, Kingdom Hearts game, Resident Evil game, Sonic game, Super Monkey Ball game, Metal Gear Solid game, Paper Mario Game, and Shin Megami Tensei game... assuming of course that those games really will exist and Wikipedia is not just lying to me again.

2. New Twisted Metal game and Portal 2 on the PS3
Ok, I'm not gonna pretend that I am a huge Twisted Metal fan, I've only played one or two games in the series and that was a long time ago... but honestly the gameplay shown in the G4 E3 coverage looked pretty damn cool. Also, I think I recall hearing somewhere (I'm not sure if this is 100% accurate though) that Valve once said they were never going to make another game on the PS3 ever again, and then at the Sony Press Conference, there it was, Portal 2 for the PS3. I find this kind of funny, but will still most likely be buying it on either my PC or my 360.

What I wanted to see:
- A 3D kirby game:
I was really hoping for a Kirby 64 style Wii game, but I'll be honest, I saw the gameplay for Kirby's Epic Yarn... and it looks pretty damn cool... so at least we get Epic Yarn.

- More about Ape Escape PS3:
Seriously, I want to know more about this game so badly, and if it was shown at E3 then that would probably confirm that it would be coming to the states, but for now, it is still a "who knows?"... good thing the PS3 is region free...

What I didn't want to see:
- Them renaming Natal:
Yeah, I liked Natal better then... what is it now, Kinect? I don't know why but Natal just sounded cooler, so I'm still gonna call it Natal...

- 3D stuff:
Like I said, I'm not to crazy about the whole 3D craze, and that Sony Conference was full of it...

No comments:

Post a Comment