Friday, August 14, 2009

Fullmetal Alchemist Premium OVA Collection Review




Ahhh the smell of localization, it smells so sweet when america finally gets those OVAs we were forced to watch illegally on the internet subbed, now we get a batch of the Fullmetal Alchemist ones officially dubbed on dvd, all we need now is that awesome Bleach OVA that was like a movie on dvd...

Anyway down to the review, which I will split into 4 sections (each of which will represent a different OVA) then 2 more sections (the extras and then the summary and if it is worth the money)

1. Interactive Experience: Ok I do have to admit, this would be waaaay cooler as like an amusement park attraction or something like that, it just feels weird on dvd... But that doesn't make it bad, in fact it's actually kinda cool, what I'm wondering is what weird alternate universe does it take place, it's like... after the greed arc but still had greed in it... which sorta felt weird and cool the same time.
8/10

2. Live Action Featurette: The word Featurette sums it up quite nicely, because I think it was only like 2 minutes long, it was kinda cool though, and that Alphonse costume was AMAZING.
6/10 (it gets a 7 because it's just a Featurette so I didn't expect much)

3. Kids - Short: This was actually pretty cool, I mean, do you remember those little things before every Pokemon movie? Well this is kinda like that, only it feels a little shorter. Also I was quite confused, weren't they in like Germany in the movie... why are they living in Japan here?
8/10

4. Chibi Wrap Party: Saved the best for last! Oh man this was so awesome, ok so watch the kids short then the movie then this and it'll be a great experience, seriously this was so funny that it was what made me feel like my money wasn't wasted. But... after watching it... I want to know... PLEASE TELL ME ENVY IS A GIRL! You'll know why I said that if you watch it.
10/10

5. Extras: Ok, I can't really critisize an OVA collection DVD for not having that many special features, but I was surprised that they even had em, let's just give it an A for effort.
10/10 (I suppose...)

6. Summary: In Short this was totally worth the $15 I paid for it. It's a must have for any Fullmetal Alchemist fan, so go over to your local FYE, Bestbuy, or just but it on Rightstuf and check it out.
42/50 or 84/100
so it scores a B! almost a B+

No comments:

Post a Comment