Monday, August 31, 2009

5 ps2 games I would REALLY recommend

Ahhh the ps2, in my opinion it's the best game system ever and these are 5 games I recomend you get if you don't already have a ps2 (ha yeah right) or if you need some more games to play on your ps2, this includes game series as well.

5. Katamari (series)

Ok so I only own Katamari Damacy but I've played Me and My Katamari but plan on getting Katamari Forever. Oh well, anyway the two Katamari games on the ps2 are Katamari Damacy and We Love Katamari, let me tell you this before you go out and buy it... this game is WEIRD, especially because of what the objective of the game is... Ok so basically you roll this big ball around (stop laughing) and your goal is to roll things into this ball to make it bigger (I said STOP laughing) and you have to get it to a certain size (screw it just keep laughing) and then you make it into a star... or in the case of the last level you make it into the moon. Anyway despite how weird it sounds (and how high the intro makes you feel) it is REALLY fun. Luckily for you, this game is easy to find for at least $10-$15.

4. Klonoa 2: Luneatea's Veil

Ok so I would recomend any Klonoa game because I am just such a huge klonoa fan, this game is platforming gold. this game is so fun but about the story mode... either you hate it or you love it, in my opinion I do like it alot but some people just hate it. Anyway, the game is really fun but the difficulty curve seems to play it cool for a while and then a few levels late it goes up just a LITTLE bit, then keeps doing that til that stupid maze level that was just too hard when I first played it years ago that I needed to get a Gamefaqs guide. Believe it or not this game should be really easy to find for a low price.

3. Persona 3

Yeah I know, "Why did you only say Persona 3 and not Persona 4?", well that's because Persona 3 is the only game in the Persona series that I have played, and infact I didn't even mean to buy it, it was on sale and I had just money to buy it along with Disgaea 2 and WOW it was awesome, ok awesome is an understatement, it was EXTREMELY AWESOME it has got to be one of my favorite RPGs of all time. The story is definatly one of the things that keeps you playing and it's kind of like a mix of an rpg and a sims game because of Social Links. Social Links are basically bonding with different friends by doing things like joining a sports team or staying in your room on a sunday afternoon to talk with someone on an online MMORPG. Social Links are kind of complicated to explain so it would be best if you just experience this game first hand.

2. Ape Escape (the whole series)

Ok I am going to be honast, since this isn't really a "top 5" list and these games are just kind of in random order, then this is number 2, if it were a top 5 list I would have to find a way to put it on a better number than number 1 because I love this series so much, even the spin-offs like Pumped and Primed are awesome (despite what most game review sites say I love pumped and primed), just everything about the series is great, especially the graphics, I mean just look at the cell shaded cutscenes in Pumped and Primed or just any part of the game of Million Monkeys and tell me straight in the eye that you have seen better looking graphics on a PS2. Well anyway, this game series is so much fun, but there is a downside, even though it is well known for being the very first game to use a ps1 Dual Shock controller, apperantly Sony must not think it's very popular because we haven't gotten an Ape Escape game since Ape Escape 3, but that is definatly not going to stop me from playing games like Million Monkeys or Ape Escape Acedemy 2, and it seems that much like the Blade Battlers series Sony has forgotten about Ape Escape, especially because the only new Ape Escape game in japan for quite some time was a game that was supposedly an "American exclusive", but trust me Sony, you may have forgotten Ape Escape, but your fan's have not...

1. Metal Gear Solid (series)

Ok so Metal Gear Solid 1 is on the ps1 and Metal Gear Solid 4 is on the ps3 but Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 are on the ps2 so this series is on the list. Well Metal Gear solid 2 is awesome but if your a really big fan of snake then this one might not be for you especially because in Metal Gear Solid 2 Raiden is kind of... uhhh... how do I put this... well you all know the word I'm going so say... he is nothing like Metal Gear Solid 4 Raiden (awesome Cyborg Ninja Raiden) and like many Metal Gear fan's say, he stole snake's limelight, but that's not to say the game isn't still awesome because it is, oh and there's a skating mini-game in the substance version that's just awesome. Ok... Metal Gear Solid 3... uhhh, well it's basically the much needed backstory of Metal Gear Solid that tells the story of Snake's dad "Naked Snake" aka "Big Boss" and it's pretty good, you even have to take medical care of yourself and eat stuff you find in the wilderness (surprisingly some snakes taste pretty good...) oh and by "medical care" I mean things like burning leeches off your body with Cigar's and picking bullets off your body with your knife, yeah I know it sounds effing painful. All of the games in the Metal Gear Solid Series are great and I recomend you try them all out.

Well that was my list of ps2 games I really recomend, remember I update every other day so keep checking for updates.
Even though Metal Gear Solid 1

No comments:

Post a Comment