Saturday, August 15, 2009

Top 10 Video Game Bosses

This is my pick for the top 10 best video game bosses, now this is only my opinion so no flame wars in the comment section, and I will not include obvious ones like Bowser or Dr Wily, these are my top picks.



10. The King of Sorrow - Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil

Ok so either your thinking "what the hell is klonoa" or "wait didn't that wii game just come out, when was there a sequel?" I'm talking about the ps2 sequel to the original ps1 Klonoa game (that the wii remake is based on) and the King of Sorrow is the main bad guy of the game and to be honest the game kinda makes you feel bad for the guy, also if you actually get to him in the game it'll make you say "This guy is like if freakin Super Saiyan Goku and Sephiroth fused together" he is so awesome he like sends you to a sonic the hedgehog 2 special stage dimension for the first half of the boss fight.



9. Metaknight - Kirby... uhh... like every kirby game... there we go

Ahhhh Metaknight, I remember playing kirby nightmare in dreamland on the gameboy as a kid and thinking Metaknight was so awesome and he just seems like the villain you like even more then the main villain (screw Dedede when there is Metaknight) he even kinda makes you fight fair by picking up a sword every time you fight him instead of just owning him the mic ability that works so well on the mini-bosses. Sadly he was absent from my favorite Kirby game Kirby 64 =(.



8. Destroy Man aka "Mr. Cosplay" - No More Heroes

The words "DESTROY BEAM!!!" never made me laugh so hard since I played No More Heroes... honestly out of all of he bosses in No More Heroes he was defiantly on my list of favorite bosses. From the moment you first run into him either you really like him or you want to just kick his ass. There really isn't much to say about him but if you were to play No More Heroes you would defiantly think he should be on the list.



7. Bad Girl - No More Heroes

Yeah I know, "two bosses from the same game? WTF?" well the bosses are just that awesome in No More Heroes. I mean seriously, who didn't fall for that instant kill move that activates when you go near her when she suddenly drops to the floor crying? That not only pissed me off but scared the crap out of me too, it also seems like every time you get her health down a bit more she starts using 10 more new moves, like how the hell was I supposed to know she could LIGHT HER FREAKING BAT ON FIRE?



6. Albert Wesker - Resident Evil

I'm gonna admit it, I have not played Resident Evil 1-3 so this is based mostly on Resident Evil 5 because its been a while since I played Resident Evil 4. Albert Weskers voice is so ridiculous it should be on this list too, but that's not bad, its actually quite awesome, now if you don't know who Albert Wesker is then imagine Neo from the Matrix but as a bad guy and make him a total jerk, ahhh yes Wesker... awesome. From what I saw in Resident Evil 5 he is the "I'm so awesome that I use EVERYONE that I make friends with and there is nothing you can do about it". I mean *RE5 Spoiler* You have to throw two effing rockets at him in a pitch black stadium to WEAKEN him!



5. Pipotrons - Ape Escape

When I say "Pipotron" I vaguely referring to not only Pipotron red, yellow, and blue from Pumped and Primed I also mean Pipotron G, J, Meta and Kuratsuku from Million Monkeys and the anime series. If you even know what ape escape is you still probably have no idea what I am talking about... Well Million Monkeys wasn't really released in the US but it wasn't really Ape Escape 4 it was just... well... Ape Escape with hover skates, jet packs, and GUNS. Anyway... the pipotrons are basically robotic monkeys that in Ape Escape Pumped and Primed just seemed so awesome and the other four from Million Monkeys just seem... real. I know robot monkeys either don't sound that cool or just sound awesome, but believe me, the Pipotrons are awesome.



4. Baal -Disgaea

Whether it be that awesome armored Baal that you fight in Disgaea 1 to get the ending that matters after the ending that matters (the normal one) or if it's Prinny Baal that you worked so hard to fight in Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero?, Baal is awesome (despite the name...). Even the main character says "LEVEL 4000!?!?!" before you fight him, seriously he is LEVEL 4000! I can almost beat the game at level 70... but freakin 4000!?!?! Anyway he is like the lord of overlords or something awesome like that, so level 4000 is appropriate I guess, especially since you can go up to level 9999.



3. Nazo - Ape Escape: Million Monkeys

Ok, basically the main villain of Ape Escape, Specter just gives monkeys special helmets and makes them... like run around... but Nazo... oh man, he gives the monkeys guns and tanks and starts blowing stuff up in Tokyo. THERE WE GO!!! THAT'S HOW IT'S DONE!!! no offence to specter of course. Rumor has it he was also behind the Grid Core Virus that was in Pumped and Primed. I think he is also in the anime, but he kind of seemed... I don't know... out of place in Million Monkeys... like everyone was anime-ish and here comes a thin... more real guy in a suit, however it kind of seems appropriate, I mean at least he is one of the people in an anime or anime style game that takes place in tokyo that LOOKS JAPANESE.



2. Jedah - Darkstalkers

Not many people know what darkstalkers is but I love it, and it is defiantly my favorite Capcom fighting series (Street Fighter fans remember what I said about no flame wars) and Jedah is just awesome. His background story is long and has something to do with the demon world and just sounds confusing in words... that's why I wanted him to be in the anime series so badly. What makes him such an awesome boss? Well first of all you apparently fight him the womb where the fetus of god was conceived... that is even stranger than you think it is BELIEVE ME. The other thing that makes him so awesome is his move set, it's like if Lust from Fullmetal Alchemist had wings, a scythe, wasn't a girl, and twice the blood came out when he (or she if we are still referring to Lust) attacks with his... finger... claw... things...



1. Specter - Ape Escape

Yeah I know, your probably thinking "but... you just said Nazo was more hardcore..." or "ANOTHER APE ESCAPE VILLAIN???" Well, Ape Escape is a huge part of my childhood, and one thing I remember fondly was how evil specter was in Ape Escape 1, of course in 2 he was evil but... a little more ridiculous, and in Ape Escape 3... uhhh... his "Double Paradise" plan just makes him look like an idiot... even though he is a super intelligent monkey capable of raising an army of monkeys, building giant robots, and BEING ABLE TO USE TELEKINESIS!!! But all that aside he is and probably always will be my favor ate villain, especially because you kind of feel bad for him, I mean if he is dumb as a... monkey... then he will be ok with being a circus monkey, but if he has intelligence that surpasses people... he's gonna want to be treated better... and I mean he has been put back into that circus... what? 6 or 7 times... they know he's just coming back, and that's the thing about Specter, no matter how many times he comes back... it doesn't feel... stale... or already done, I don't know what it is about specter or just ape escape but every game doesn't feel like "oh specter escape AGAIN... whoopty freakin doo..." it feels more like "so what crazy scheme is he up to now?"



Well that was my top 10 list of video game bosses, like I said it's just my opinion, so no hate comments however suggestions on other bosses that could be added would be great. Remember I post almost everyday (I might skip a day here and there) so try to visit daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment