Sunday, July 4, 2010

Anime Expo Twenty TEN!

EDIT: Videos added at bottom of post.

Ok, so in this blog post I'm basically gonna be talking about my day yesterday at Anime-Expo. Ok, first off, this doesn't mean I'm 100% officially back, I mean I certainly am doing better with my hands but I shouldn't even be typing right now... Anyway, since I really want to tell this story, I'm not gonna tell my experience in chronological order... Ok so at Anime-Expo, I actually got to meet Little Kuriboh, creator of Yu-Gi-Oh abridged, now, I didn't get this on camera but you seriously have to believe me when I tell you what I said to him when I met him at the Yu-Gi-Oh abridged booth, because I literally walked up to him and asked "can you please wear this mask while you sign my Yu-Gi-Oh card?" so I handed him a Scream mask (hoping he would say "Whazzupp?!?", sadly he didn't) and when he gave back my card he literally said "Here you go you magnificent bastard". What my friend asked him to do was really funny too, in fact if I can get him to give me his camera's SD card I could upload and explain what he asked LK to read. I was also going to go to the Vic Mignona autograph signing but that line was WAAAAAY to long, I did however go to the Kyle Hebert (best known as the narrator in DBZ) signing, my friend has a recording of him saying "next time, on Dragon Ball Z" and I got him to yell "Hadoken!" while he signed my copy of Street Fighter 4. There were no cool game demos that I was interested in playing this year, (in fact, I don't think Bandai Namco games even had a booth this year, they weren't even like a part of the Bandai booth, they just weren't there) but not to worry, I am going to San Diego Comic-Con and there might possibly be some cool demos there. I had a great time, bought plenty of Gashapon, even a replica wooden Sasuke sword, and Stafy 3 for the GBA at the Video Games New York booth, I'm not trying to advertise for them, but honestly I think that their prices are... well not exactly the best, but still pretty damn good, and if you compare them to the other import game booths from last year, their prices are dirt cheap, plus the people are actually kinda nice. And that is another thing about Anime-Expo, like every single person there was really nice, like every person I bumped into would have an apology twice as sincere as my own. I seriously can't wait to go again, and I hope to see some cool game demos next year as well.

Ok, here are the videos of Kyle Hebert and Little Kuriboh:


No comments:

Post a Comment