Monday, August 16, 2010

5 Anime Remakes I Would Like to See

Yeah I know I said I was going to do a post on what I thought about Scott Pilgrim but turns out I'm gonna watch it kinda late at night so... Yeah here I am posting about anime remakes... Anyway this isn't a top 5 list, it's just a list of 5, meaning it is in no particular order.

Alright, so... you all know about the new awesome fascination anime companies have with remakes or just revisiting their older series in general, like with Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Dragon Ball Kai, Shaman King Kang Zeng Bang, Inyasha: The Final Act, Casshern Sins, ect. Well this is a list of anime that I think should be remade as well, some of them I think we should maybe wait a few years but some of them I would like to see in the near future.

1. Soul Eater
Ok, so I haven't actually seen or heard much about the ending of this anime, I'm only about half way through, but first of all I think it's a shame that the anime ended so quickly and the manga still goes on to this day. Anyway, I really don't expect this one to be any time soon, and since popularity for Soul Eater just kind of flew up to the heavens when they still made episodes for it, it kind of seems like everybody forgot about it right after it ended, so honestly I have no idea if they would even consider this. Also, while we're talking about this, does bones plan on giving a filler ending to every anime that reaches a super high level of popularity? Well, I'll probably get an answer to that question eventually since their new series Heroman seems to be getting quite popular, let's all cross our fingers that we don't get a filler ending for that series too...

2. Desert Punk
Desert Punk was one of those anime that kind of had to make a filler ending up since... well since the series didn't have an ending yet and at the time they couldn't just put the show on hiatus since the manga was on hiatus. The series had somewhat of a cult following and right now I feel like an idiot for not getting an issue of Monthly Comic Beam from Japan while my dad still knew somebody who was living there temporarily... anyway if anyone knows where I can get an issue online or something please tell me in a comment. Anyway, sorry about getting off track there... since the manga has continued and I think the Funimation boxset is actually doing kind of well, I think maybe they should try translating the manga for America, seeing if it does well, and maybe if they realize they have an audience besides the regular Japanese hipsters, they could consider a remake sometime down the road, perhaps when the manga is finished. As of right now, much like the Soul Eater remake I really don't see this one happening any time soon... but I can dream can't I?

3. Zatch Bell (AKA: Konjiki no Gash Bell)
This one, much like with Shaman King is something a lot of fans want, but many of us doubt we'll get. However, one of the reasons we actually got a remake of the Shaman King manga was because it never had a real ending, the Zatch Bell manga had a real ending but what I'm asking for is a remake of the anime, since we didn't get the final arc. So this is like Inuyasha, where the manga ended but the anime didn't, and the only reason we got Inuyasha: The Final Act was because Inuyasha is well... It's freakin Inuyasha, it's like one of the most popular anime ever, and Zatch Bell is sort of... well underrated isn't exactly the word I'm looking for... or maybe it is... I don't know this is all really confusing to you isn't it? Well, anyway, this one would be nice to see sometime soon, but I also doubt it... Geez this list might as well be remakes we'll never see...

4. Yu Yu Hakusho
Ok, with Brotherhood, I'm gonna wait til the DVDs get really low in price because I already have all of the original Fullmetal Alchemist DVDs, with Dragon Ball Kai, I might just buy the DBZ remastered DVDs... But if they ever made a Yu Yu Hakusho remake, even though I already have the whole original series on DVD, I would buy the box sets like THE SAME FREAKIN DAY THEY COME OUT! Ok so I don't know if I would buy them the same day but I would totally buy and watch Yu Yu Hakusho remake if they ever made one, I don't think the series had any filler at all, but it did take a few parts out of the end and there were one or two changes here and there, so if it followed the manga exactly and even though I'm not a "graphics whore" it would be kinda cool to see Yu Yu Hakusho in kind of a newer maybe kind of shiny art style. This one I could totally see happening since Yu Yu Hakusho is INSANELY popular and it's also kind of old enough to be remade, and if it did get remade I would totally support it.

5. Gantz
Remember this ISN'T a top 5 list, it's just a list of 5 things, so if anyone is thinking something like "How could you put this at the top of the list Yu Yu Hakusho is way better!" just remember that this list is in NO PARTICULAR ORDER. Anyway, this is yet another remake that will probably never happen, I mean, seriously if you've never read my blog or seen hbi2k's hilarious abridged series of this anime you probably have no idea what the hell Gantz is. Well anyway, the manga for this series if I'm not mistaken is still going on today but it's on like the final story arc. The anime added a lot of stupid filler and character changes in the manga to anime transition and if I'm not mistaken, it ended after about 3 story arcs of the manga and then had a crappy filler arc ending. The anime also always seemed to drag everything out, like I pick of a volume of Gantz and I'm done in like no time at all and all I wanna do is read more Gantz, but I see like 3 episodes of the anime and I just feel tired... I feel like I just watched like 10 episodes but only about 2 episodes of story progression happened, like sometimes I go back just thinking "wait a minute... what ACTUALLY happened in this episode besides like them taking one step forward? I was paying complete attention and it feels like a lot more should have happened..." if you understand kind of what I mean by that. But this in no way means the anime is bad, certainly not, it's still worth checking out, but almost nothing happens in some episodes, like the pacing is all out of whack and the manga in my opinion is sort of better. Anyway, enough on giving my two cents on the anime, now that you know why I think there should be a remake, how bout I tell you what the chances are... Ok, I'm gonna be totally honest... there is like no chance at all of a Gantz remake ever happening like ever, but like I said before... I can dream can't I?

Well, that was my list on anime remakes, hopefully it sort of makes up a little for my lack of posts lately, also, sorry about the lack of pictures but I just spend like an hour and a half typing this and that could have been time I used to do something productive like eating Cheetos or playing Sin and Punishment 2, instead of just typing a post for nobody to read...

No comments:

Post a Comment