Sunday, August 1, 2010

Bayonetta Short Review



EDIT:
Ok two things, one you actually do get swords later on in the game and stuff... and two you can PAUSE CUTSCENES so it gets an extra thumbs up from me just for that.

Well, I kept telling myself I'd get this game for free from Lockerz, but they kept raising prices, doing redemptions while I was at school, doing redemptions without telling me, and then, and here's the best one, taking most video games off the redemption prize list, so I quit Lockerz and saw this game on sale at Gamestop for $30 and got it. I gotta say, so far I actually kinda like it... I thought it was pretty cool that in the begining all of the staff members for the opening credits were on tombstones, but it was just hilarious when Hideki Kamiya's gravestone gets pissed on by one of the main characters... oh Kamiya... what a good sport. Anyway, if you didn't know, Hideki Kamiya is the director of many Capcom games we all remember (most of which were from good old Clover Studios), such titles would include Devil May Cry, Viewtiful Joe, Okami, and Resident Evil 2. Now you can see why people consider this game Devil May Cry's spiritual successor, and yeah in my opinion, it's good old Devil May Cry action, but this time your playing as a girl and there are no swords... but to be honest I constantly forget about the no swords thing. Oh, before I forget, this game probably could have been published by Capcom and developed by Clover Studios... if Capcom didn't close Clover Studios... so it's published by SEGA and developed by Platinum Games, which is basically a lot of the major people from Clover Studios forming their own gaming company, so essentially it'd be the same game even in an alternate universe where Clover was still there, but in that alternate universe those lucky bastards have the name "Capcom" on the game and not "SEGA". Anyway enough of my fanboyishnes... the game itself plays pretty much like the better Devil May Cry games (when I say this I mean that 1 and 3 in my opinion were better then 2 and 4, but it's only my opinion, and I'm definatly not saying I dislike 4) except there is fanservice left and right, it's the super actiony kind that sometimes kinda makes you laugh, but sometimes it gets a litte to over the top, but so far where I am in the game it still doesn't have as much fanservice as the Rosario Vampire anime. The story is kind of that "the main character doesn't know about her past at all so you start off knowing less about the entire world of this game then she does" thing, and that kind of annoys me, but I'm hoping it'll eventually unfold and I won't be kept in the dark the whole game. The PS3 version of this game supposedly had a lot of glitches and really long loading times or something but I don't really know much about that since I have the 360 version. So in short, this game may be a bit on the fanservicey side, but if you like Devil May Cry and you have an Xbox 360 then this is one of those games you should probably check out.

No comments:

Post a Comment