Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Top 5 Co-Op games

Ahhh! this post was a little late (I still got it on the right day but I usually have blogger post these things at 5 AM).

5. Ape Escape Pumped and Primed (PS2)
Well to start off, not too many people liked this game, I don't know why since me and my friend thought it was amazing. It's not all of the platforming gold Sony has brought to us over the years in the Ape Escape series it's more of a... ehhhh... party game... kinda... you see basically the story is that Spike and the others join a tournament in a virtual world (which explains why Casi can compete) and so the tournament consists of little challenges like collecting the most coins before the time runs out, or a boat race, or even tank battles and obstacle courses. But the best part is being able to customize your characters with new costumes, summons, special gadgets. How do you unlock all of the costumes, summons, and special gadgets you ask? Well by getting certain scores or beating levels within a time limit, how can you unlock things for more than one character faster and funner? With a friend of course, because the co-op in this game is great and the bosses are awesome too, oh did I mention the AMAZING CELL SHADED GRAPHICS? Well if I didn't then this game has such good cell shaded graphics during the cutscenes you might think your playing a ps3 game for a second.

4. Splinter Cell (uhh whatever platform)
I'm gonna make this short and say most Splinter Cell games are great, I say MOST because I absolutely hated double agent, if you want a good Splinter Cell game just get Pandora Tomorrow or Chaos Theory. Oh and if you don't know how fun Co-op in these games can be just go watch Splinter Cell co-op theatre and you'll know.

3. Nazi Zombies
Well Call of Duty World at War had great multiplayer but to be honest the story mode just pissed me off to the point in which I just wanted to stop playing and just started watching TV again, but Nazi Zombies is in my opinion the highlight of the game because instead of killing each other your teaming up to kill zombies, and come on, who doesn't want to shoot a zombie with an alien blaster or a wonderweiff (did I spell that right?). The game is great because it feels more like a separate game instead of just a mini-game, and you realise your progress of how you get better each time (Now that I can open the Pack-A-Punch machine with my friend in Der Riess I bet we can kick a$$ in Shi No Numa). Overall the game is great and whoever you are playing with will have a blast, especially if they like old style survival horror/defend the castle kind of game.

2. Halo 3
Ok, ok, ok, I know if I put Halo 3 as number 2 on my list then people will get mad and I will probably get a whole bunch of hate mail so just hear me out, Halo 3 would be higher on a list of good MULTIPLAYER games, because honestly my number 1 pick is better for co-op(sorry Halo). However I must admit when I was one of the first kids in my school to get Halo 3 I remember having a blast playing co-op with my friend. Usually Halo just aggravates me because everyone seems to know every map by heart so when the game begins and I have an assault rifle everyone else has the spartan laser and the gravity hammer inside of a scorpion, but playing the game cooperatively was awesome because instead of trying to kill each other we were killing giant scarab tanks and sticking aliens with plasma grenades instead of sticking each other with plasma grenades.

1. Little Big Planet
Oh man I LOVE this game and could not recommend it more for ps3 owners especially because of the new game of the year edition. This game is great and defiantly lots of fun for pretty much anyone, because this isn't just some stupid kids game, it's really fun no matter how old you are. The best part about this game is that if you can play your ps3 games online then beating story mode doesn't come close to meaning you don't have new levels to try, once you and your friends beat story mode you can play levels that other people made online and even make your own levels to share them with other people. Basically when people ask what you can do in Little Big Planet just respond with "anything" because most likely it is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment