Saturday, September 26, 2009

Eureka Seven Movie Review



Well I will not be reading this weeks weekly jump for... reasons, reasons I will explain next week. So instead of that I decided to review the Eureka Seven Movie since I went to go see it on Thursday in theatres. So let's start up this review.

Ok I will admit my friend got into the theatre right about the time the movie started and he was thinking the exact same thing I was... "Did I miss something?" well no we didn't miss anything, it is simply a retelling of the story... kind of. Well think of it as an alternate universe, there. An alernate universe where Humanity's greatest enemy is called Nazo, Eureka and Renton grew up together, Nirvash is a pokem... I mean uhhh larva... or whatever they called him that can transform into a mech and their teacher is Dominic oh yeah and Holland can rip people's souls out,that is exactly as hardcore as you think it is if not more. Explaining the rest of the story would take waaaay to long and would spoil a lot for this great movie. So let me try to review this movie without giving you too many spoilers... Well, Eureka gets taken by the military and renton spends the next like 8 years trying to join the military to get her back... I think, and when he does the bitch is so wishy washy and she goes on about how worthless she is until Renton takes her back to only realize later that his crew (you knew them as Gekkostate in the anime) is now rebels of the military, after kicking some military ass he decides to join them instead of attempt to escape again. I am not going to say who but one or two of the crew members die after deserving it in such an awesome way that the crowd in the theatre actually clapped. Well since the Nazo are pretty much infesting the Earth they fire this weapon called the Hammer of God which destroys the Earth along with the Nazo while a select group of humans stay in a space station, I will not say the actual outcome of the blast because that would be major spoiler, anyway I will say this, there was a bit too much Eureka fanservice... like the scene at the end where she was naked and the scene where she was looking in the mirror but she wasn't exactly fully clothed didn't feel needed at all. The special featres at the end of the movie were great, especially the bloopers, if this comes out on dvd which I REALLY hope it does soon, I definatly recomend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment