Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Gaming Otaku Rant!

Ok so, I am kind of running out of ideas and was hoping for that little break on New Years to refresh the idea box but I felt bad taking two breaks almost in a row so I did a post that day anyway, so today's post will be about how some (2 series in particular) anime DVDs are just way to expensive for the small amount of episodes. Both of the examples I am going to list aren't this expensive at Rightstuf or Best Buy and the prices I am listing are the "Retail prices" of the DVDs on Rightstuf, not the Rightstuf or Best Buy price.

Example 1: D. Gray-Man DVDs
Price: $59.98 each half season (13 episodes)

Example 2: One Piece DVDs
Price: $49.98 each "voyage" (13 episodes)

Ok, well at least I would sort of consider buying those One Piece DVDs but $60 for 13 episodes of D. Gray-man, that seems like a stretch. I mean I don't expect to be getting each season for $25 since D. Gray-Man is pretty new, but I really can't set that money aside for 13 episodes without feeling like I kind of wasted my money a little, D. Gray-Man is really awesome but I only got the first season since it was over 50% off on Rightstuf for Christmas. I think I would be able to set aside $50 for the One Piece DVDs and not feel too bad since the Funimation dub is so awesome compared to the awful 4Kids dub. I am not sure what a good price would be for 13 episodes but I think $50 is ALMOST there. Another good idea would be to just sell them a whole season at a time for less of the price than the "voyages" or "parts" of that season combined, like sell the D. Gray-Man parts $60 each but have each season cost less than $120. At least I have Best Buy and Rightstuf to make it so that I don't have to pay the outrageous "Retail price" for these DVDs and I can afford them.

Sorry if this post seemed a bit short but I skipped a break and I am having a hard time staying awake as I am writing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment