Monday, March 15, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 First Impressions

Wow, I seriously didn't do this already? Ok then, well as I am sure none of you know, the difference between a "short review" and a "first impressions" post is that a short review is longer. That being said, this probably won't be very long, especially since sometimes I become at a loss of words sometimes when it comes to shooters. Ok so, when I first saw all of the trailers for this game, I realized something, they weren't hilarious like the trailers for the first game, so I thought this game wasn't going to be funny, but I still decided to buy the game since it looked awesome. Thankfully, I was wrong about the not funny thing, since so far the game is really funny so far. I haven't gotten a chance to play Squad Rush Mode in Multiplayer since I have a PS3 and the store for Bad Company 2 doesn't work, basically meaning my pre-order was useless. That aside, from what I played in the demo, Multiplayer is pretty fun. I started story on easy for some reason, and I realised easy was... well... easy, so I went to my campaign and I could actually switch the freakin difficulty, I had to restart the whole chapter, but that was not really a big problem for me, I was just happy to be playing on normal. Oh yeah, and speaking of cool convenient things you can do in this game, you can PAUSE CUTSCENES! Yes! Finally another game that you can pause cutscenes, a trait that was my favorite in... Kingdom Hearts 2 I believe, but sadly in Bad Company 2 you can't skip cutscenes (or at least as far as I know...), but that is forgiven because of being able to pause cutscenes. The begining of the game was sort of the low point, but not that much, I was just in the mood for some comic relief and whatnot, but in the begining chapter your (spoilers start here) playing as like professionals, and not to mention the first gun you pick up has a recoil that practically sends your crosshair flying up into the clouds (spoilers end here), however it wasn't that bad, and I'm pretty sure you only play as them in the begining. I also like the campaign trophies/acheivements, I'm not sure why, well maybe because they are just kind of hilariously titled, I couldn't help but laugh when I got the first one after beating chapter 1, if you get the game you'll know why, or maybe it isn't that funny and it's just me, I don't know. Either way, I seriously recomend this game, but my friend shared a very important tip for multiplayer when we were talking about the game today, and it was "never use smoke grenades", he said the reason for it was because you can pretty much see through the smoke pretty easily and if you throw one, your basically tell your enemies "hey, I'm right here in this general direction" and they will either throw a grenade and you'll die, or they'll noobtube you, and you'll die. I remember watching a video on his Xbox, where they were giving tips and they were saying the smoke bombs were awesome, and we pretty much proved him wrong in every way. Anyway, this game is great, I totally recommend it, and alot of people even say it is better than Modern Warfare 2...

No comments:

Post a Comment