Monday, March 29, 2010

Xbox 360 Elite Bundle (ODST & Forza 3) First Impressions

Ok to start off, this first impressions post will not include my thoughts on the ODST campaign mode, or anything on the Campain disk since I kind of have no plans to play it anytime soon. Once I get my gold membership I will play alot more of the mythic disk, but for now I will just play forge on it. Oh right, for those of you who have no idea what the mythic disk is, it's basically the multiplayer of Halo 3 with all of the maps (including my favorite, Sand Box). Anyway, since Costco and Sam's Club no longer carry systems besides the freakin DSi, I got mine at Best Buy, and yes I know Gamestop was giving out a $50 gift card for buying this bundle, but thanks to our Best Buy Rewards card, we got a $50 gift card for Best Buy when we bought the bundle, so we would have gotten the gift card either way. Oh, and since I won't be talking much about ODST, let me just try Forza out for like 5 minutes... hold up I'll be right back... Well, my first complaint would be that you can't skip the announcer while he goes on and on and on about how this game is like the most amazingly high tech thing in the world... The loading took quite a while, then I actually race and... meh, it was pretty standard, nothing to make it stick out, then I tried out the rewind feature which seemed pretty cool, but then after I rewind a bit, I accidentally pressed the "B" button and then I was just... somewhere else in the race track so I decided to resume from there, but that resulted in me crashing into a wall, falling into last place, and staying there swirling in a circle for about a full minute... Yup, I'm done with this game. Oh, and if it helps the game at all, then I guess the music was pretty good... and if you like Forza 3 then don't even take my opinion seriously since racing games are not exactly my cup of tea, and the only racing series I like to play is burnout, and that's only because of the exploding and crashing mechanics. Anyway, every Xbox 360 also comes with Hexic HD, a fun little puzzle game that is so addicting it made me forget how long I had been playing it. I almost forgot to mention the Xbox avatars, since I could make mine look tall, skinny, tan, and insomnic just like me, I think the avatars are a thumbs up. I did have some issues making my account, but I heard that was because of Xbox Live and not MY Xbox, so I just made an account online at Xbox.com. Anyway, I am really happy with my bundle, especially since it came with a headset for when I can finally afford a Gold membership, and thanks to the fact that I used to borrow my brother's Xbox, I already had games like Grand Theft Auto IV, Devil May Cry 4, and Naruto: Rise of a Ninja, but I also got Naruto: The Broken Bond at my local Gamestop, however I am saving that for when I beat Rise of a Ninja. Anyway, thanks to this, now I can review Xbox 360 games, original Xbox games, and Xbox Arcade games, so look forward to those reviews in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment