Friday, May 28, 2010

Higurashi When They Cry Original PC Game First Impression/Short Review



Ok, so this game is basically just a sound novel... like a book with music... well it has pictures... sort of... so anyway, it may be a little difficult to review, and I skipped school today since I'm feeling sick so I don't know how long I can keep up this typing since I really just want to rest, but I feel bad for taking so many days off earlier. Well, where do I start? Hmmm... I got the official English translation of the game from a company called mangagamer, which is a company that you would probably only know if you are a pervert or a Higurashi fan since a lot of the PC games they translate are apparently... uhh... not for kids... luckily though, they now have an all ages section AND an adult section, instead of having it all in one website like it used to be, which is way better because even though the website still looks suspicious, my parents will at least... I hope, not think I'm buying anything adult... Which would suck, and just to clarify Higurashi is not adult but I wouldn't say it's exactly... "all ages", there is kind of a conversation between Keiichi and Mion in the beginning that is sort of... suggestive, and it is like a MURDER mystery game so yeah. Anyway, some of the music had to be replaced, I'm not sure how much and I did hear a few songs that got taken out and from what I heard of both versions the new ones are certainly not bad at all. Also, there was some stuff in the games that were taken out of the anime, and I noticed a lot of them but most of them where little conversations that seemed like they were what would regularly be cut, but I hear they cut a few important things but I'm not sure yet. The game so far is hilarious and downright awesome, and when my carpel tunel acts up (possibly from typing these posts) and I can't play Galaxy 2 without being in constant pain, I just play Higurashi because all you need to do is click... Anyway sorry if this was short... or... was it short? I don't know, but I'm gonna go back to taking a nap, then maybe I'll play Cannon Spike, which yes actually came in on Tuesday, and I ordered it on Sunday... Awesome right? Anyway, like I said... feelin sick... gonna end the post here...

No comments:

Post a Comment