Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Random Recommendation Post!

Ok I'm gonna be honest, I had plans to talk about something import related but... It hasn't come in the mail yet and I want to keep it a little secret sort of so... I am just gonna be recommending a game I have been playing lately when I haven't been studying and dealing with RL... things... Ok so, out of all of the Ape Escape games, Ape Escape 2 was the one I played the least since I only used to rent it and up until some time last year I never officially owned it, so I remembered very little of it. I jumped into the game with virtually no memories of it and it was alot more different then I thought it was... It is certainly not bad at all, but out of the Ape Escape "Trilogy" (well it could be a quadrilogy... or whatever you would call it if you count Million Monkeys... then there is also Big Mission... but let's just not count that one right now either) it is certainly the odd one out. Why, you ask... well, that's sort of a tough one to answer... Hmmm... Well, first of all the look of the game... or more important the look of the monkeys is just a bit... strange... I don't know maybe it's just me. Also, the last few gadgets just kinda seemed like... I don't know... like they didn't belong in Ape Escape, I mean a water canon and a big magnet... like... really? However, I will admit that magnet gadget made the Specter stage alot funner. I also really liked the bosses in this game, even though I found some of them a bit to easy (for example: I beat the Pink Monkey battle in practically record time since she was so damn easy) but I did enjoy the Goliath battle, reminded me of Good old Ape Escape 1. I have yet to fight the real final boss since I stopped the game after Specter's Moon Base so I have no comment on that boss, but the Red Monkey battle was pretty awesome, I mean he has an attack where he throws a dinosaur at you, yes you heard me right, he literally picks up a dinosaur and SLAMS IT BACK TO THE GROUND, so that should be a pretty big selling point since it was so badass. This sort of turned into a short review of Ape Escape 2 didn't it? Well, sorry if this was sort of small for my first post after like a week, but I am so tired right now and I need to be getting proper sleep or whatever for testing and whatnot, so sorry... If I can think of a good list idea I might post a list this week, but I can't read this week's Weekly Jump since I am getting an actual copy of it from my dad's friend in Japan, and this time I am more sure that he will get it for me then last time...

No comments:

Post a Comment