Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My thoughts on Dragon Ball Z Kai

Ok so Dragon Ball Z Kai aired in America on Monday so let me just give you my impression on the dub, and Kai itself since I hadn't even watched it until it premiered on Monday. I don't mean I haven't seen Dragon Ball Z because I grew up watching DBZ and original Dragon Ball, I just haven't seen Kai before. So like the first thing I noticed was that the intro was in English, which certainly isn't a bad thing, in fact I like it having an English lyric version since... I don't know it feels more like the original Dragon Ball, but right after I heard the intro for a few seconds I thought... "wait... is that Vic Mignogna singing?" and I don't even know if it was I mean I could be wrong, but if it is... then the intro just got like 10 times cooler. Anyway, I think a few people MIGHT have gotten voice actor changes but I'm not totally sure if those characters showed in the first two episodes, however I think that since Christopher Sabat played like half the cast of DBZ most characters getting new voice actors are those who were played by him, but it's ok because I mean he is still playing Piccolo, but I don't know if he is gonna still play Yamcha, Shenron, Kami, Zarbon, Burter, Recoome, or Mr. Popo. Anyway, I thought it was really good and I can't exactly compare it to the original since it has been AGES since I saw the original. However, I can say that those old fashioned "parodied to much super dramatic reaction shots while the really shiny background is constantly moving" things really brought back memories as I had practically forgot that they really were used, and used like that in older anime. Anyway I am writing this post before the other two new episodes air on Tuesday so I have yet to see those... so I guess... oh wait, I almost forgot, a lot of people might bitch about this, but honestly I don't mind that much I actually found it kinda funny, there is a scene in the first episode where Master Roshi is drinking beer, but in this version, he was drinking milk, I totally thought they were just gonna make it orange juice or water, but milk was just funny. There was an edit that kinda bugged me though, they took out Bardock's scar... which is kinda weird... you know since Avatar was RIGHT after Kai and Zuko (a character from Avatar for those who don't know) has a huge freakin burn mark on his face, but whatever I'm just glad Kai is on TV so I'm gonna be grateful and not bitch about every little edit. Well, sorry if this post was kinda short, thankfully I have an idea or two for future posts, and after tomorrow I will be able to read weekly jump chapters again so yeah, like I said sorry if this was kinda short.

No comments:

Post a Comment