Friday, November 27, 2009

Things I Am Thankful For

Ok I promised a list to make up for my late post Yesterday and this isn't one of those little projects like you did in first grade. This is basically a list of things I watched/played because I had a whole week off for Thanksgiving. So it's not a top [insert number here] list because it is in no particular order.

1. Viewtiful Joe
So far my whole week off has been full of things Viewtiful Joe related. I got all of the anime DVDs recently and watched all 26 episodes (only season 1 got dubbed) in about 2 days. I had completely forgotten how awesome it was so I re-bought Red Hot Rumble on the PSP (I lost it a long time ago) and got a bit frustrated with that and decided to play the original on my good old Gamecube, and I got farther than ever. I have yet to play Viewtiful Joe 2 this week but I will get around to it over the weekend. Also I played a bit of the DS game Viewtiful Joe Double Trouble which was pretty good too. You could say that before when I probably shouldn't have been playing games with bad words and whatnot I was a huge fan of Viewtiful Joe and now that I have all of the games again as well as the DVDs I remember how great it was and I just can't help but feel like we should have gotten a Viewtiful Joe 3 or at least some other spin-off, but of course Capcom likes to be a bunch of teases and just forgets about the franchise and sticks a character or two into their next fighting game to somehow think they make up for it... Then again Clover studios is their own company now... or whatever happened I don't remember, maybe we will get one in the future...

2. Gankutsuou
Ok I bought the box set like forever ago, but I sort of waited for the perfect opportunity when I could watch it all at once and not just after school in my free time, now that I am on this vacation I have done just that and as I write this I am half way through with the series. I had to, of course stop watching for a bit so that I could write this and I am so eager to continue but I promised I would do a list for today's post and I will deliver that promise. There really isn't much I can say about the series itself without giving away spoilers because it's sort of like Death Note or Code Geass because there are twists and turns in the plot with every episode, there are some aspects of the series I don't like (there were a few scenes I could have done without) but all in all it's a great series and I just can't stop watching.

3. Hammerin' Hero
Ok I was at Gamestop re-buying Red Hot Rumble when Half Minute Hero caught my eye, however I couldn't buy it since it was a bit over how much money I could spend, then right next to it was a game that I heard was actually pretty good, Hammerin' Hero. To my surprise the brand new copy of the game was only $15 dollars so I decided to buy it and wow it was good but it was H-A-R-D, and I mean really hard. The game was so difficult that it only lets you play on the easiest difficulty if you die enough times on one level. But I got used to the game and just played on the difficulty above easy. The game is in a 2.5D perspective that I am a huge fan of thanks to Klonoa. It's your standard beat-em-up but slowed down and your given (?) hits before you die. Oh and the reason I put a question mark there is because when I played on the same difficulty I died in one hit in the first level and 3 hits in the third level... it really confused me but I really don't care because the game is actually pretty good.

4. Little Big Planet (PSP)
Sorry but so far I only played this game a bit, I will play it alot more after I finish (or possibly while I watch) Gankutsuou. It seemed to good to be true but it's just basically Little Big Planet in the palm of your hands... it does have some negatives though. For starters there are only two layers, now that's not really a bad thing because levels are easier to get through... but it's also easier to accidentally get stuck somewhere you don't want to. Oh and I didn't really want to say this one because my friends who have the game didn't get this problem but it did happen to me so I might as well say it... this is the first PSP game I have ever played that... well it... it actually crashed on me. I am dead serious I was just in the middle of level editor mode and I decided to electricute a small object but accidentally pressed back on the d-pad (that rewinds your previous step) at the same time and bam, the game was loading for about a minute when suddenly my psp just turned off, I turned it back on and the level I created wasn't saved. Besides that I have nothing wrong with the game at all.

5. Saints Row 2
Ok, Saints Row 2 has got to be my favorate sandbox game ever, I picked it up for dirt cheap a few months back and now that I am on vacation I have tons of time to just explore all of the things you can do in the game. Now I have Grand Theft Auto 4 and don't get me wrong I had plenty of fun with it, but it's just that there is something about Saints Row that feels like I have more freedom and I am not forced to play the story so I feel like I actually want to play it to just play it instead of play it to walk around other parts of the city and not get chased by cops. Like most sandbox games Saints Row 2 is obviously not a game for kids and with things like a streaking mini-game show that. I would highly recomend this game to people looking for a good sandbox game.

Well there you go a whole list, I really do deeply apologise about my previous post being late and I will try not to make a habit out of it. Remember I post every other day oh and I only have like two readers so PLEASE tell your friends about my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment