Monday, November 9, 2009

Top 5 Launch Titles

Well this is going to be a top 5 list of games released on the same day of the console it's on.

5. Redsteel - Nintendo Wii
I know, I know, alot of you like to complain on how much you hate Redsteel, but you know what I liked it, the multiplayer is fun, the story mode is awesome (except for the sudden difficulty curve in like either the middle or near the end of the game), and the Wiimote isn't as inacurate as people think. I am not really that hyped up for Redsteel 2 since it takes a huge curve away from what Redsteel was, because the original Redsteel was like Yakuza and seriousness with samurai swords and it was sort of dark in a way, but Redsteel 2 is just Samurai Cowboys and quite frankly I'm not sure if that will work, of course the gameplay does look entertaining and so I might pick it up sometime after the release when the price has gone down.

4. Elebits - Nintendo Wii
Ok don't get me wrong just because it's number 4 on the list doesn't mean it's bad, in fact Elebits was quite good... I think, well I only rented it so it's been a while but I do remember having a blast with it and regretting that I rented it because I defiantly should have bought it. If you never played the game basically you go around flipping things over, or opening things, to look for and capture these little creatures known as Elebits, you needed a certain amount of Elebits to access certain areas or lift certain objects... I think or some sort of limitation like that, and it sort of reminds me of Katamari... well anyway from what I remember this game was great and defiantly utilized the Wiimote very well for a launch title game.

3. Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower - PSP
Ok, this game came in close second but when you see what number 2 is you will know why this is 3rd. Well first of all this suffered from the dreaded loading time almost all early psp games had, and this game REALLY shows it. But if you overlook that, it's basically a lowered down version of the Darkstalkers Collection (a game only released in Japan) but on the psp. If you are as much of a Darkstalkers fan as I am you should own this game, I mean I used to rent it, then I just bought it, then I lost it, and then I re-bought it, yeah it was totally worth it too. It even has the endings for each character from all of the games, but sadly no Dee =(, oh well he was just a clone of Demitri with Donovan's sword anyway...

2. Ape Escape: On the Loose - PSP
This one is a remake of the original Ape Escape game, and Ape Escape has got to be the main thing that defines my childhood so this game just has to be this high on the list. Even though when I feel nostalgic enough to replay every Ape Escape game I own (and yes I do that alot with series like Ape Escape and Klonoa) I would always play the original PS1 version over the remake just for that old PS1 feel, but that's not to say this is a bad remake oh no, no, no, I would never say that, in fact for the people who don't want to hunt for the original or if they just want to take Ape Escape on the go, then this game is defiantly for you. I don't know what it offers new to the table in terms of content but the graphics sure are an improvement from the original.

1. Jak & Daxter - PS2
Ok, so this wasn't a launch title, but it was the first PS2 game I ever played, it's one of my favorite games of all time, and it was released around the beginning of the system's lifespan. I always have nothing to say about #1 on my lists because I have too much to say... wait... that didn't make sense... Oh well, anyway this game has got to be platforming on ANY SONY console at it's best, at least in my opinion, I forgot how awesome this game was until I played the recently released Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier (which is awesome) and suddenly had the urge to play the original again, the way the series evolved was something I was never really to happy about, adding things like guns, bad words, and taking Daxter's name out of the title were a bit strange to me so the original is still my favorate, it's also the only Jak and Daxter game I actually beat, and yes I beat it 100%, so those of you thinking I am "a newb for not beating jak 2 or jak 3" I beat the original COMPLETELY! Yes that means EVERY SINGLE POWER CELL! so yeah... Anyway back on topic this game is great and if you haven't played this game there must be something wrong with you because it's a must have game for the ps2 right next to Kingdom Hearts or Budokai 3.

Well remember I post every other day, and please tell your friends about my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment