Saturday, November 21, 2009

No More Heroes HD Remake and Live Action Gantz Movie?

Ok well I wrote this when this news was new, so let me explain how I heard about this. Well I usually watch G4 in the morning to kill some time before I have to go to school and as I was watching something caught my eye, the words No More Heroes, Xbox 360, and PS3 were all in the same sentence, it was one of those little news updates on the bottom of like any G4 show and well it said Weekly Famitsu reported that No More Heroes was being remade on the PS3 and 360. It was brief and I only read about half of it because I caught it just before it went off the screen so I just thought it might have been fake or something like that. But sure enough when I got home I checked online and... well, it's true... Apperantly though since the Xbox 360's sales in Japan are worse than the virtual boy (just an estimate, I'm sure their sales aren't THAT bad) Japan will receive the uncensored version of the game, but get this, only on the Xbox 360, it will be rated a very rare Cero Z (Cero is the Japanese rating system and think of Cero Z as the Japanese AO rating) which, of course means that the PS3 version will be censored. That just made me think "What are you doing Suda?" but here is where it gets interesting... you see Suda51 has nothing to do with this port, well to the best of my knowledge it's just Marvelous doing this. There has been no announcement for an American release but on a completely unrelated note there will be a new gameplay mode called "Super Sweet Mode" where all of the female bosses will be wearing really revealing clothing... not sure why I mentioned that but I felt like it just had to be thrown out there.

Anyway here are links to the original scans from Weekly Famitsu:

http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/nm21.jpg

http://www.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/nma2.jpg

Well, I always talked about how if it was put into the right hands a live action Gantz movie would totally kick ass, now that that's acutally happened, I still feel a bit nervous. Allow me to explain, I was browsing around the Young Jump website to see if I could find a pictures of the most current Young Jump (so that my dad's friend in Japan could get me one) but I came across something else... this: http://yj.shueisha.co.jp/gantzspecial/ so I thought "Is this like an ad for Gantz Final Phase?" or "Is this like an announcement for a new season of the Gantz anime?" well no I was wrong and found out I was wrong when I tried to save the ad into my pictures and the file name was "gantz_movie_01" so naturally since the word CG was all over the ad I assumed it was a CGI gantz movie and that sounded awesome, but then I saw the name of the third Death Note movie in the corner and decided to google Gantz Movie and I found an article that said they were making two live action movies. At first when I heard they were going to be made by the same guy who made the Death Note movies I had nothing to fear until I came across one little thing in the article... "The Sponichi Annex reports that the Gantz films will be targeted at mainstream audiences, suggesting that some of the graphic violence of the original manga may be toned down for the movies." seriously read the article for yourself: http://www.animenation.net/blog/2009/10/08/live-action-gantz-movies-announced/ well, after reading that I was dissapointed and honastly if they keep the stupid nudity and sex scenes in I will be so pissed off that they couldn't make room for the violence. Either way I can't judge the movies til they come out in 2011, and I assure you if they by some strange desition either get overdubbed or officially subtitled I will watch them and hope for the best.

For more info on the Gantz live action movies just check out this article at: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-10-07/gantz-manga-being-adapted-into-live-action-film and remember I post every other day and please tell your friends about my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment