Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars Short Review


Well, I got three awesome games around the same time, and so I decided to do a short review for all of them, and so here's Tatsunoko Vs Capcom. Well, what can I say, it's just like Cross Generation of Heroes (the original Japan only version of the game) but with more characters, and in the American version (due to licensing issues) Hakushon Daimaou was replaced by Yatterman-2, or at least I think she is only in the American version. Also those Tatsunoko Vs Capcom cards that you get when pre-ordered the game were freakin awesome. I am pretty bad at reviewing fighting games... I'm not sure what to really say... well, it has the good old polished Capcom engine we all know and love, and even though it only has three attack buttons it still has the "Vs" Series feel to it. I have not played much of Wi-fi but the one match I did play over Wi-Fi was extremely laggy, and I could hardly play, however that could have just been bad luck and if I try again I might even have 40 matches in a row with no lag at all, so really don't take my one bad Wi-Fi experience as proof that the game's Wi-Fi sucks, because for all I know, it could be amazing. Also for each character you beat arcade mode with, you get an icon to use in Wi-fi based on that character and their third and fourth color (third color for beating Golden Lightan on battle 4 and fourth color for beating Yami) becomes available in the shop, and since you have to beat arcade mode like 16 times to get everything (6 times with capcom characters and 6 times with Tatsunoko characters gets you 4 new characters, then beat arcade mode with those 4 characters and it unlocks the final character) it's like unlocking two birds with one stone (see what I did there?). Well the endings may not be fully animated like in Cross Generation of Heroes, but at least the good people at Udon are providing the awesome artwork for each of the endings, which I have to say are really awesome. Hmm... what else is there? I guess I'm done here since I don't have much more to say, so I'll end with this: this game is amazing and if you are a fan of the Vs Series or are just a fan of Capcom fighting games in general, this is definitely a game you DON'T want to pass up.

No comments:

Post a Comment