Thursday, December 17, 2009

Another Gaming Otaku Recommends

I should probably do these weekly for this month since it is the holiday season... Also I don't have any ideas for lists right now... don't worry though I always come up with new ones.

Websites:
This is a list of Websites I go to for buying things like Imported Games or Anime DVDs and whatnot, because I mean there is an online shopping world beyond Amazon and eBay.

Imports:

-Play-Asia.
Well, Play-Asia is not just for games, they have alot of movies, books, and even a bit of Gashapon straight from Asia. Play-Asia is where I get most of my newer imports, and I never buy used items on Play-Asia because there really isn't that much used stuff there, I mean every now and then maybe but not very often. The prices may be "outrageous" but hey, almost everywhere else is about the same price or maybe a dollar or two less, so it's not Play-Asia, because Importing new games is expensive no matter where you go, and in Play-Asia's defence they do have alot of sales, of course not as much as Rightstuff, but still alot. The shipping is so-so, if you get the cheapest shipping it could come in any time between 1-5 weeks, and yes I did have a game that took 5 (and a half) weeks to come in. But whenever I order Christmas presents from there I pick the $20 shipping and it takes about 3-4 days, and yes I said 3-4 days from ORDERING it, not 3-4 days after it ships, no that's 3-4 days after I clicked the confirm purchase button. So it has it's ups and downs, but I love Play-Asia and it seemed to comfort me when my local anime store that happened to sell imported games closed down...

- Play-Japan
I forgot what Play-Japan used to be called, I think Japan-export... I don't remember but they re-opened as Play-Japan and I love Play-Japan just as much, if not more than what it originally was. This website is for the older imports, you know the harder to find ones. Also if you can't find it there I think they have an eBay store that still goes by the name Japan-export... their account name might have a few numbers after it too... Anyway I buy my old PS2 imports and whatnot here, and I mean the old hard to find ones, like the Gantz game that I got from their eBay account or the Blood+ games I got from the website itself. The shipping is really fast but there is one problem, it adds up a little too much, I mean even if I ordered like 5 or 6 games (some of them were dirt cheap) $42 (or was it $45?) is waaaaay to much for the cheapest shipping. Oh and they have tons of used games here and I rarely find myself buying new games off of Play-Japan (the very first new game I bought from there was Accel 3, I seriously can't wait for Christmas...) so it's like the opposite of Play-Asia.

Anime DVDs:

- Rightstuf
I ONLY buy anime DVDs from Rightstuf, Best Buy, and occasionally every now and again from Amazon, but I always check Rightstuf first because for the most part it is the cheapest, the regular price for everything on Rightstuf is usually Best Buy price, now your thinking "but if that's true then why the hell do I shop and Rightstuf, I could just go to Best Buy, not have to wait for my DVDs to come in, and not pay shipping." yeah that is true in some cases (like the Yu Yu Hakusho DVDs are gonna be $25 on Rightstuf because of shipping and they are $25 at Best Buy so I just buy them there) but Rightstuf has all sorts of weekly sales, and I am gonna be honest, some of which kinda suck and I find myself viewing the list of things on sale and I swear some of that stuff is more expensive than it was before the sale, but sometimes there are awesome deals like Viewtiful Joe DVDs $2 each, and D. Gray Man Season 1 (parts 1 and 2) for $50 (they were normally like $100 or $110). Oh, and the shipping... hmmm, I don't remember the prices but they were pretty cheap and I think until the 18th the cheapest shipping is free, but I do know that they don't take too long to arrive, usually less than a week. Oh and speaking of the 18th, their 12+ Days of Anime Savings sale ends on the 18th, it should have info about that on the main page.

Sorry if this seemed short, I am quite busy, and not to mention tired, also I don't like to think that by doing this list I am a sell out I mean I like and dislike all of these websites in different ways, so I recommend them but they are far from perfect, but then again, nothing is perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment