Monday, December 7, 2009

Gaming Otaku Recommends

Ok wow I actually finished my project earlier than I thought so I actually can post today, now if only people actually read my blog =(. Anyway here's a list of a few things that are so awesome that I just have to recommend for anime/video game fans like me.

Anime DVDs:

- Yu Yu Hakusho Season Box Sets
Ok I was at Bestbuy a few days ago looking for the next Naruto Uncut season Box set since had just came out but Bestbuy sucks at keeping inventory as it was nowhere in sight, so I looked around for something else that would entertain me for just as long as 10 hours and I stumbled upon the super cheap ($25 at Bestbuy $20 on Rightstuf) Yu Yu Hakusho season 1 box set, remembering the awesomeness of Toonami when I was a kid so I thought "hmmm... for the money this might not be half bad." And just wow... I instantly fell in love with the series all over again and since I only remember bits and pieces of it then I actually for the most part, don't know what is going to happen next. Oh yeah and this is $25 dollars for 1/4 of the whole series, that's ridiculously cheap, and like I said before if you buy them on Rightstuf it's $20, but since I am really impatient and want to keep watching and watching I buy them at a store instead of online.

- Naruto Season Box Sets
Well these might not be a better deal than the Yu Yu Hakusho box sets but still those first 25 episodes of Naruto uncut were well worth the $35 I paid for them, again that's Bestbuy price, oh and Bestbuy price of season 2 (or like season 1 part 2 section 1 and a half... you'll get that joke in a minute...) is only $27. But they are oddly titled, they don't just call it Season 1 and Season 2 (like what it really is supposed to be called) no they have some complicated name for it like Season one part 1 or something like that. If you already have the Uncut Box Sets then there is no reason to switch to the season ones, it's not like the special features are that good or anything, but if you don't have the Uncut Box Sets then the season Box Sets are a better deal.

Video Games:

- Naruto Shippuden: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3
Oh man if you want the best Shippuden Clash of Ninja game (GNT4 fans, notice how I didn't insult your favorite CoN game by saying SHIPPUDEN) then defiantly go with Revolution 3. It's basically EX3 with more characters, more specials, more balanced gameplay, online mode, and best of all for people who don't speak Japanese, it's in English. The Online mode is surprisingly really good, with little to no lag on most battles, and even if there is any, it doesn't make the game unplayable. The stage transitions can be awesome or just annoying but I think they are only annoying when your playing online, oh and same thing with obstacles except those annoy me all the time, but don't count those as actual negatives of the game since you can take them out by just going into the options menu. I'm sure I have much more to say about the game but for right now if you want to hear it's awesomeness then my video review should be here on an earlier post.

- Persona 3 FES
"What's this doing here?" you ask, oh you thought this list was simply newer things only? No way, I mean I could put Starfox 64 on this list if I wanted to. Anyway On these lists I will try to put a game on here that will suck away your time like a vacuum the size of a building. This of course fits this category since I have at least 10 hours of gameplay on it and I'm only on like the second or third boss. if you don't know about Persona or any other Shin Megami Tensei games then it's basically an RPG with Anime style cutscenes, way less grinding than Disgaea, sim aspects (which for the most part are taken out of the new psp version), and hours of gameplay. Oh and if your wondering what FES stands for I forgot... but it's basically the expanded edition with like a second story mode after you beat the first story mode. For RPG fans this is a must have, for Shin Megami Tensei fans, you should already have this game.

Well there you go reader (notice how that wasn't plural... *sigh*) I actually posted today. And remember I post every other day and please tell your friends about my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment