Monday, December 21, 2009

My Christmas List

Ok, well I am not feeling so good right now (I get sick around Christmas time every year...) and turning on my computer means that my room will get at least 20 or 30 degrees hotter so I'm just going to do a short post, sorry but I am really, really tired and I can hardly even talk so let's just get down to it, and as the title states this is a list of what I am getting for Christmas, with my limit set at $300.

- Naruto Shippuden: Narutimate Accel 3
System: PSP
Bought where: Play-Japan
Price: $54.29
Ok so it's obvious that since Accel 3 is one of the biggest Naruto games of the year and it was released in December tons of people are getting it for Christmas. I seriously can't wait to play this because I loved Accel 2. I heard the little gripes people had with the game but honestly those things don't really matter too much to me so I will most likely still enjoy Accel 3, also it's the first thing I'm gonna play on Christmas morning.

- Bleach Soul Carnival 2
System: PSP
Bought where: Play-Asia
Price: $48.90
Well, I never really wanted to buy the original Soul Carnival at first because freakin Play-Asia categorized it under that BS genre "action" which meant it could have been any kind of game and judging by the screenshots it looked like an RPG and I do not import RPG games because it's less fun when you can't understand the story and for several other reasons. But then I bought Heat the Soul 6, which had a demo of Soul Carnival 2 and I decided "meh, why not?" and it wasn't an RPG, it was a good old hack n' slasher, you know, a beat em' up with swords? Anyway I am a sucker for a good hack n' slasher so I bought the original and damn, it blew me away, so naturally when the sequel finally got a release date of December 10th, I knew I had to buy it.

- Fullmetal Alchemist: Senaka wo Takuseshi Mono
System: PSP
Bought where: Play-Asia
Price: $52.90
Well, I always thought that there should be more 1) Fullmetal Alchemist fighting games and 2) more Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood games, so naturally since this is both of those things I just had to get it. I hear it had characters from pretty late in the series, like past where the original anime went, (while it was still canon...) so that's always a plus, and there is just something about those Brotherhood Wii games that just shout "Don't import me!", I'm serious there is just something that makes me feel like it is a text heavy, choose your own adventure type game, and obviously that would be no fun if you didn't know the language it was in.

- Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix + Ultimate Hits
System: PS2
Bought where: Play-Japan
Price: $34.10
I put the Ultimate Hits on there because I'm pretty sure I got the Ultimate Hits version, and if your wondering what the heck Ultimate Hits means, well it's like a step above PS2 the Best, you know those games that are so awesome that they make new, cheaper copies so that people who didn't buy it before can enjoy it for a lower price. And yea I said before that I don't import RPGs, well this one has English voice acting so... yeah... I was always up and down about getting this game, like I would really want it, but then when I got the money to buy it I would always seem to find something else and put it aside, so I just decided that before it became hard to find I would just get it for Christmas.

- Battle Stadium D.O.N.
System: PS2
Bought where: Play-Japan
Price: $19.49
Well, just like Final Mix + I have sort of been pushing this game to the side, but for years longer than FM+, I have been looking for this game on the Gamecube for a price under like $60 pretty much ever since I started importing Gamecube games, which by the way was a long time ago, and you know what? I'm still pretty sure it hasn't dropped a penny in price since then so I just decided to get it on the PS2 for Christmas, I mean it's only $20, I'm sure it's not that bad for me to regret getting it when it was a $20 import, and price doesn't determine how bad it is as well, I got Konjiki no Gash Bell Makai no Bookmark on Play-Asia for like $2, and it is one of my favorite Gameboy games ever.

- Yu Yu Hakusho Forever
System: PS2
Bought where: Play-Japan
Price: $9.05
Ok so like I said in previous posts, I have been watching ALOT of Yu Yu Hakusho lately, and I actually just got back from buying the fourth and final season of Yu Yu Hakusho today. And since I am so obsessed with it I had to do my research and find out if there were really any good Yu Yu Hakusho games, as it turns out I found 3 that peaked my interest, this one, the next item on my list, and an old Genesis Yu Yu Hakusho game made by Treasure that I sadly can't find anywhere. I read on Wikipedia (and since I read it from there I am not sure if this is true) that Yu Yu Hakusho Forever was the top selling game in Japan for a while, and if so then I seriously can't wait to play it.

- Yu Yu Hakusho Shitou! Ankoku Bujutsukai 120% Full Power
System:PS2
Bought where: Play-Japan
Price: $19.49
Well, this is the other Yu Yu Hakusho game that peaked my interest, it's actually a port of a Yu Yu Hakusho arcade game, and I was actually planning on getting a multiplatform arcade stick for my ps2 and ps3 for Three Kings Day, so that's a plus. I really don't know much about the game except that I am pretty sure you can actually play as koenma, I'm serious I could have sworn that I saw him in a character roster video, and if you really can then I think it would be interesting.

- Densetsu no Stafi: Taiketsu! Dire Kaizokudan
System: DS
Bought where: Play-Asia
Price: $25
Ok, two things, if you call it Stafy, like I do then don't throw your hate comments at me since I just copied and pasted it from Play-Asia, and the reason there is no amount of cents after the $25 is because I only remember it being around $25 since it was on sale when I bought it but now it's like $50, so I'm not sure if it was $24 or $26 or even $23 when I bought it, but it really doesn't matter. Ok, so the reason I wanted Stafy is because I like Kirby, therefor Stafy peaked my interest and a friend of mine imported it a long time ago so I got to see it for my self and after seeing it, I really wanted it. Also, the reason I didn't buy the American version was because 1) at the time the Japanese version was cheaper and 2) they made tons of changes in the American version and I just sort of want the original, also I am one of those people that got pissed when they changed his name to Starfy in America...

Wow, scratch out all of that stuff I said at the beginning about this being a short post... I seriously didn't think it would be this long... Well, that's only a good thing, remember I post every other day, and please tell your friends about my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment