Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Naruto Shippuden Narutimate Accel 3 Short Review

Ok so as some of you know, I got Accel 3 for Christmas and I just finished it today (I am writing this on the 27th). So I will just talk a bit about what I thought about the game.

First off, the graphics were probably just as good as Accel 2 and that was awesome, uhh... the gameplay is essentially the same but now you can only choose one Jutsu to use (you select it right before the battle) and now instead of up, up, circle or down, down, circle to use Jutsu you just press triangle then circle, and triangle twice then circle for specials or ougis or whatever you call them. The ougis are shorter in this game and they are even skippable, which in a 4 player battle could probably come in handy. The main feature of the game is the story mode and it has it's ups and downs... where do I start? Ok, well at the begining the 2D platforming stages mixed with the traditional fight here and there was pretty cool, but after playing the same platforming stage like 15 times I begged for an ordinary fight, but the game delivered by sort of balancing the two to make it alot less repetetive, but once I got into the filler arc then I actually started to get mad. The main reason is because the uhhh "boss battles"? all you really do is press square from a distance (throwing shuriken) with no chakra because all of the enemies in the platforming stages (yes all of the battles against the filler characters are in the platforming style, oh and there is a battle against Izumo and Kotetsu like that in the filler arc..) have the attack pattern: Throw Shuriken until enemy is close enough to spam the same close range attack. Also just like any other video game filler the bad guy can control the good guys so that you have some excuse to fight them, making the filler arc longer, normally it wouldn't annoy me so much, but that seems to be the standard for video game filler in anime games now. Anyway, I have to admit that final boss battle (that you fight three times) was pretty awesome, and I would have loved it if you fought other bosses like that instead of what we really got... The rest of the game was awesome but for some reason some characters didn't have any ougis but it wasn't too many characters so... it's not much of a negative. Once this game comes out in America and I actually have friends to play it with I'm sure the multiplayer will be awesome, so in short, it has it's negatives but it has way more positives.

No comments:

Post a Comment