Thursday, October 8, 2009

Finish What You Started! (Yes this is a Top 6 List)

Ok this list is gonna be 6 anime that need the sequal(Like Shippuden for an example but that's not on the list because it premeirs this October) to be localized, or even if just the movies haven't been localized.

6. .Hack Trilogy (Dubbed)
Well we got Trilogy subbed and it was awesome, but there was one problem... and well that problem was that with a voice acting cast as great as the .Hack G.U. cast it is quite a shame that we don't get a dub. I understand if the reason we didn't get a dub was because .Hack isn't too popular in the US but honastly all the great voice actors in G.U. are just taunting me.

5. Shin Chan Movies
Ok I just had to put this in with the tragic news I heard recently that the creator of Shin Chan died. The Shin Chan movies were really good, especially the one I actually saw that got a fansub, and with Funimation dubbing Shin Chan I want at least the latest to be dubbed or one of them, I mean come on the movie I saw was so good it was just like an episode of Shin Chan but alot longer, kinda like the Simpsons movie.

4. One Piece Movies
Yes, yes I know, we got the Alabasta movie... I mean for some reason every time I bring up the subject of the One Piece movies being localized people always respond with, "didn't we get the Alabasta movie?". Well yes, yes we did get the Alabasta movie, but did we get the other 8 movies? no. Well there is a good reason though, they are old and some of them wouldn't make sence because the earlier movies exclude some of the crew members who hadn't joined at the time. But what we need is a box set of all the One Piece movies dubbed uncut by Funimation, I for one would definatly buy it.

3. Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni Kai
Well Geneon dubbed Koro Ni but where is Koro Ni Kai? Well I think I can explain this one simply, Higurashi probably had one of the smallest followings of a great anime dubbed in America right next to the fanbase for Gantz, Gankutsuou, and Desert Punk. I can think of a few reasons people would turn away from Higurashi... One is the Dub itself, at first it sounds like nails on a chalk board but then for some reason, and I'm not sure if this is just me, but after an episode or two I didn't mind the voices and it was as if they suddenly felt perfect for the role. Another reason would have to be the grousome and goreyness of Higurashi, alot of people see a few of the death scenes, freak out, and never want to watch it again when in reality Higurasi is more about the mystery and detective aspects, in fact it's pretty damn good if your a fan of Murder Mystery. I wish it had a better following so we could get the second part of the series.

2. Yu-Gi-Oh Season 0
Well if you are aware of season 0 then you know how awesome and badass it is, I mean even though it was made in 1998 (and it really does show) it's so awesome you just don't care. Basically since Yu-Gi-Oh means king of GAMES and not king of card games, season 0 is all about different awesome shadow games that Yami plays with people to teach them a lesson. Sure there are one or two Duel Monsters games in the anime but it's mostly about the awesome shadow games Yami plays and how people often end up cheating, and if you win but play by the rules you just have to keep whatever promise you made, but if you cheat, oh man you are in for it, and one reason the anime is so great is because you want to see what kind of way each cheater gets punished because they are always so unique. It's also alot darker than the other Yu-Gi-Oh series, especially Yami because in the other series Yami comes across as some kind of awesome, nice, never does anything bad like superhero, but in season 0 he comes across as like a dark punisher of evil and trust me if you saw the first episode you would know what I mean. Basically I hope that some company can buy Yu-Gi-Oh from 4kids and make a dub of this, even though that is extrememly unlikely I just wish it would happen.

1. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Well one of Funimation's most remembered dubbed series (I say one of because of Dragon Ball Z) has a sequal that follows the manga better and Funimation is legally subbing it, but will we get a dub? Since I have homework to do I'll make this quick, well Brotherhood is just Fullmetal Alchemist but at a faster pace (at episode 20 they were past the freakin Greed arc) and has no "filler" if you want to call it that. I really hope we get a dub and if we do I just know it'll be airing on Adult Swim every Saturday.

Remember I post every other day bla bla bla, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment