Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Gameworks is Aweosome!

Well on Saturday me and my friends went to an arcade called Gameworks for my "birthday" (It was acutally on the previous week). If you don't know what Gameworks it then it's basically an Arcade with all kinds of games (especially SEGA since I think SEGA owns Gameworks... or at least the SEGA logo is all over the place) but instead of coins you use these cards with credits on them. Games like Centipede, Tetris, and Guantlet cost 1 credit, games like Afterburner Climax cost 8, and games like the Initial D version 3 game with a real moving car seat... pod... thing cost 7. Oh and did I mention that $20 dollars gets you 100 credits? Yeah you and your friends could play Guantlet for hours with only $20. Oh and the music they played at my local Gameworks was awesome, they played a ton of weezer, and even a song that I just started listening too recently because of Naruto Randomness 7, Wonderwall by Oasis. Well let me tell you this was probably my best visit to Gameworks, they always add new stuff whenever I go but WOW. Ok let me start off by saying that for the past two years the damn Super Monkey Ball machine was broken but they FINALLY fixed it and it was as awesome as I remember. Oh and this was awesome, THEY HAD A JAPANESE ARCADE MACHINE OF TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM!!! Yeah, it was cool, except for the 40 year old dude who looked like he had no life who hogged the machine for like half an hour beating the full game like twice without getting hit once. Once he left I sure had fun beating my friend using Morigan and Karas in an arcade machine. Oh yeah did I mention the Tekken 6 arcade machine? Yeah, one of my friends who absolutely loves Tekken was so happy to play the game before it freakin came out on consoles. What else... Oh yeah they had this Afterburner Climax machine that moved like in a pod that was just awesome and now I so wish I had one of those in my house. I barely played House of the Dead 4 but that was because I was running low on credits and wanted to play the games that gave out tickets (one that usually just gave you like 150 tickets with ease for 10 credits) so I could get a Sonic the Hedgehog shotglass, no I won't drink from it, mostly because I am not 21 and more importantly because it had a warning sticker that mention chemicals, death, and cancer... Anyway, it was great and I am not sure if Gameworks is just local or a franchise but if you find one near you check it out because my local Gameworks was just pure awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment