Saturday, April 24, 2010

Monster Hunter Tri First Impressions

Ok so I have 3 projects to finish over this weekend and was planning on not even posting today, but since I took a break recently I figured that wouldn't be very fair. However, that does mean that this post might be a little short and I apologize in advance for that.

Alright, I got Monster Hunter Tri on release date and I even pre-ordered it, I also bought a Classic Controller Pro just for this game, I was really hyped up for it and... it was just as awesome as I thought it would be. With this being my first Monster Hunter game, I honestly didn't know what to expect, but I was practically blown away by the game's awesomeness. Ok so maybe the fishing quest (or possibly quests later on) was quite annoying and made me just give up the quest, but the rest of the game was just badass. I have yet to play the game online or even play offline co-op so I don't know if the offline or online co-op is any good, but I'm assuming it must be if people are actually willing to pay $5 a month for it. I found the bug catching a bit annoying and I feel like (since I have yet to catch a single bug) I am doing something wrong. Believe it or not, I think the swimming mechanics are actually... good... wow, did I just say a game had GOOD swimming mechanics? Damn, I guess I did, well yeah the swimming mechanics are good but not perfect, honestly though I'm not really gonna complain that much since at least they don't suck. But, it just kinda seems frustrating killing things underwater sometimes. Which reminds me of something people new to Monster Hunter complain about alot, the lack of a lock-on feature, which I don't get, I mean maybe it was a little frustrating at the beginning of the game, but you get used to it in practically no time and feel like a lock-on feature isn't really needed at all. Basically, this game is just awesome, a great reason to dust off that old white brick collecting dust in the corner of your room, it called the Nintendo Wii, I'll just let the two of you get reacquainted.

No comments:

Post a Comment