Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Xbox 360 Wireless N Networking Adapter and Game Room Short Review

Ok so the other day I realized that my super high tech game console built by freakin MICROSOFT doesn't have built in wi-fi, and even my little handheld bulky original (but still awesome) DS has built in wi-fi. So, this is a problem when I can't get a wired connection while at my mom's house, which is every other week, so I had to get the Xbox 360 Wireless N Networking Adapter (yes, I did just copy and paste that from Gamestop.com), but I actually bought it on Amazon. Since I already owed my dad a ton of money for the Xbox, and we scored the Network Adapter for pretty cheap (at least cheaper than retail price, which is $99.99) my dad just gave it to me as sort of a gift so I don't know the exact price, sorry... I think it was around $70 or maybe $60, I really don't know. Anyway, like pretty much everything in packaging like the adapter it took alot of effort and really big scissors, and after getting cut by plastic like 6 times and ruining the packaging of ever being able to be reassembled again, I was able to get the adapter out. It also came with a bunch of instructions and a disk to install the drivers for the adapter on your computer... but I just put the adapter on my Xbox and configured the network (put the password and whatnot) and it just worked without needing any of the instructions or having to even turn on my computer so I don't know what those things are for. And since I got access to Xbox Live again I decided to download Game Room, a new... uhh... game... thing... sort of... that basically let's you download (buy) arcade games and put them in your own virtual arcade for you and your friends to play. It already has a wide variety of arcade, Intellivision, and Atari games even though it just recently launched, games run for about $3, which is a stretch for some of these crappy games, but I would gladly pay $3 for games like Temptest and Combat, two games my friend has in his arcade that I seriously want to download for myself. There are also tons of decorations and stuff to put in each room of your 3 story arcade (each story with several rooms) but alot of them require you to like level up or something but I have no idea HOW you level up so I am just pretty much stuck with the beginner rooms and beginner decorations. Anyway, I think that Game Room has plenty of possibilities and hopefully we will be seeing alot more great titles in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment